Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yay for the library!!!

Scott and I went to the library Saturday cause well, we were bored and didn't want to spend any money. I ended up getting Fodor's guide to Hawaii 2008, a book called Bridal Bargains, and one called Top Careers for Communications graduates. Scott got 2 Star Wars books (he loves reading those), a book called The Clueless Grooms Guide, a book called Big Weddings on a small budget (we don't want a big wedding, but he liked the small budget part :) ) and we got the DVD The Exorcism of Emily Rose. And..... we ordered Season 1 of X Files from another branch. We've been wanting to watch some of the old creepy episodes, and now we'll be able to for free!!! And the lady told us when we pick up this one, we can order another season. See the library we go to is Kent District Library, the Walker branch. And there are a whole bunch of other branches, so whatever we want that isn't at our library, book, dvd, etc., we can have them order from another branch. I never even thought about this before. Boy am I glad we did :)

That was pretty much the highlight of our weekend. Oh and when we were getting back into the car Scott ripped his jeans LOL! I was crying I was laughing so hard, it wasn't even on the seam, it was like below his right back pocket almost down to his knee!!! He said those jeans are from like 10th grade, but still, that was hillarious!!!!

Oh and one final note, Scott had 2 subbing jobs last week. He was eligible to start subbing Tuesday, I think. He is signed up for some phone thing. They can call him as early as 5 am. It's an automated system. It will say there is a substitute position available, if you are interested you push some button and it will give you more information, then you hit another button to accept the position. Well, Wednesday they did call at 5:30, and he hit the wrong button and hung up...... bummer. But, he got another call Thursday where he ended up subbing a first grade class. Then Friday he got another call and ended up subbing 9th grade science and shop class. It's kinda funny cause I guess he can substitute any class, even though he majored in history. He can check for subbing jobs on the company's website too, he looked today and there was an art and music one. He didn't sign up for it though, I think he was nervous cause thats a little too far outside of what he knows. He could get another call in the morning though. It's kind of exciting, he's getting some more experience while he searches for a full time teaching position. I think it pays like $75/day. I think. So, thats good. It's more than I make. And, he's still working at Meijer too, which I'm sure makes for a long day. Like Thursday he taught from 8:30-3:00 and then worked from 4-11. But, hey he's making money, paying for groceries, and promises he'll start saving some of it too. Woo hoo!!

3 comments:

Chef Owen said...

Not bad! Good job Scott ;)

And cool on the library. We have one here, too, that Owen loves going to and getting books and movies. And, like yours, we can order stuff from other libraries if ours doesn't have it. Ours has a website we can do that from so we don't even have to leave home until the books/movies come in!

Anonymous said...

Yay, it sounds like teaching's going well for Scott! Although I didn't realize what that kind of schedule was like--it'd stink not knowing if you have to go in to work or not. But, $75 a day is great, and it gets his foot in the door to a full time job!

samg23 said...

yeah Allison, it's actually going really well. He had teaching jobs every day this week, except Friday, but he doesn't work at Meijer that day either, so he's taking it off. No work :) And I just found out that if the teaching jobs are in the Grand Rapids Public School District, they are $80. And that is what most of them are... so that is good.