Sorry guys! I really have to figure out how to get it so my comments post automatically. I didn't realize it wasn't like that, I thought I fixed it, so everyday I came on here, it looked like no one posted anything. I figure no one was visiting so I didn't write any more.....
Oops! Sorry. And Steph you prolly did send a message when you first started your blog, but I'm dumb and I don't know how to fix my comments, so I prolly ended up deleting it or something...
Well, not much really going on anyway. We didn't do anything for New Years. We didn't have any money and Scott had to be at work at 3am on New Years Day, so we laid around, watched a movie, played Monopoly on Playstation and then watched the ball drop. Woo hoo! lol Shortly after New Years Scott started feeling really sick and was like that most of this week. I think he just had a bad cold. Crappy cough, stuffed nose, etc. He went to go to Biolife to donate plasma on Wednesday and they sent him home cause his BP was too low. I think he's doing better now. Hopefully he'll be able to donate next week.
Our snow is almost all the way melted. And I think I'm going to take down my outside Christmas lights either today or tomorrow. I just finished dying my hair. It's an Herbal Essences color called Disco Inferno, it says that the color is Deeply Intense Ruby. When I first had the dye on my hair, before I rinsed it, it looked like my head was bleeding, like I was Carrie and it was a bucket of pigs blood all over my head, thats how red it was. I think this is the reddest red color I've dyed my hair, it was so bright. After I dry it I'll have to post a picture.
Other than that, not much else is going on. I'm excited because I got my issue of People magazine, and it's an issue called "Half their size" It's like 15 stories about people who lost half of their body weight using just diet and exercise, no drugs, no surgeries. They do this every year, right after New Years. I find this issue very motivating, this year more than other years. I think thats because, I'm finally ready to make a change. Eliminating dairy from my diet was a start, and it was a start that I didn't choose. I didn't have a choice in that matter. But, if you think about it, there are a LOT of foods that I can't eat anymore, that I prolly shouldn't have been eating in the first place. Pizza, ice cream, cheesecake, mac n cheese, etc. Yeah I know I can make all of those with my ingredients, but I don't. I am going to make a pizza later this week, but I think it's going to be healthier now with mozzarella flavored rice shreds than regular mozzarella. Also, Scott and I have been eating salads a lot. We figure if we don't have much money for groceries, what we will buy is stuff for salads. I think I ate salad for like 3 lunches and 1 dinner last night.
Eating well has never been particularly difficult for me. It's the exercising that is always the problem. I wish I had the money, and the room in my apartment to buy a piece of exercise equipment. I was thinking that I wanted an elliptical, but I saw an infomercial at like 1am for something else. It's called the Orbitrek. It's like an elliptical, the same movement, but a lot smaller. It's like $240 which is kind of expensive, but ellipticals are usually over $1000. Plus right now I could buy it for $20 to try it for 6 weeks. If I don't like it I can send it back and get my $20 back, if I do like it I can pay monthly payments. What do you guys think??? I've been thinking about this a lot because right now I do have a membership to go work out at Grand Valley, which I did a few times in the morning before work. However, lately my issue has been 1.) I don't want to drive 10-12 minutes on crappy roads, and 2.) Gas prices keep going up, if I don't have to drive to Allendale, I don't want to. My membership is up in April. So, I need opinions, is this a good idea???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow!! Ok, when I said I ate salad for 3 lunches and one dinner last night. I meant last week!! Wow did that make me sound like a heffer!!!
I had a good laugh about the salad comment. LOL!
Glad you got this thing fixed so my comments show up... that was starting to confuse me because I knew I posted!
How much do you pay for your gym membership right now? How much per month do you think you spend (or would spend if you went regularly) in gas to go to the gym? If those 2 added up were $20 or more.... I would seriously consider buying the thing you wanted.
I don't remember how much the membership was before for a year, I thought it was like $50 or $60, now it's $100. And that $20 is only for the 6 week trial, it's $240 after that.
I think if you had it in your living room, you'd probably use it a whole lot more than the membership because it's right there. Plus you could play playstation on it (if that playstation you were playing was yours...). If you get bored, you could always switch it up with some walking around the neighborhood, or maybe a workout video, but having the elliptical in your apartment would at least motivate you to get started. And if it's right in the living room, every time you walked in the room, you'd see it and get to choose between that or the couch. I'd say go for it!
Ah, I misread it. I thought the monthly payments were $20. How much would the monthly payments be? What I was getting at was.... if the monthly payments are close to what you're currently paying for your gym membership (plus gas to get there) then you know you could afford this piece of equipment. Plus having it in your living room would probably get more use than going to the gym.
hate to sound like the infomerical. But..... only 6 easy payments of $39.99. lol
Post a Comment