For the wedding party, my bridesmaids will be Ally, Steph and Holly. I'm not sure who Scott's groomsmen will be. His best man will be Shane, I don't really know who else from there. He wants his brothers Mark and Brad to be Ushers. We will have 2 ring bearers, (cause I can't choose between them) Owen and Brandon. I THINK we will also have 2 flower girls, also cause I wouldn't be able to choose between them. They would be Alexis and Scott's niece Naomi, they are about the same age. I think I'll have Bry be in charge of the guest book or something. I dunno, I'd try and find something, he'd be comfortable doing. Oh, I already asked him and he agreed, if we can get him a bunch of pictures of Scott and I when we were younger until now, he'll make us a video montage that we can show at the reception maybe....
One other major thing we've decided on is to get married in August, but have our honeymoon in October or November. The reason for that is because we are going to Hawaii, and August is the hottest time of the year there, and peak tourist season. If we wait until closer to winter the tourism dies down, so the hotel prices plummet, and it will be about 80 degrees everyday, as opposed to close to 90, like it would be in August or September.
And here are some details that we found that we like:
Wedding/reception location
Here is the first location that we've found that we like. This is the Holiday Inn in Grand Haven/Spring Lake. This is not on the beach, but it's on their "Great Lawn" over looking the marina which is behind the hotel.
http://www.higrandhaven.com/

This is the first place we've found that we like. Obviously when the weather is not 5 inches of snow on the ground and -9 wind chill we'll go out and look at some more. There is one reason I can not wait until Spring!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
We have decided on a fairly casual wedding. I don't want a really fancy dress, and Scott doesn't want suit and tie, etc.
So... on to clothes.
I apologize, these pictures do not show the whole dress, but I really like the tops of these. Even though they are quite different.

And for the boys:


I really like the idea of using the starfish instead of a bout for the boys.
And an idea for the bridesmaids (who will be Ally, Steph and Holly)

I actually really like this wedding dress too :) I've already told Ally that I don't care what dress they get as long as it's the right color shade and it's tea length, like the ones above.

I like the idea above, sun dresses. I think it would almost be something they'd be able to wear again, like to the beach or something...
----------------------------------------------------
My favorite flowers

Mango mini calla lilies and watermelon roses. I also like gerbera daisies, but haven't found any pictures of arrangements I like. I talked to Scott and we both like really tropical flowers like orchids, bird of paradise, hibiscus- but those flowers are quite expensive.
--------------------------------------
Food and cake
Ok, like I mentioned earlier, we want a lunch reception. We are thinking just like casual picnic-y food. Sandwiches, salad, pasta salad, potato salad, fresh fruit, etc. Scott also says he likes the idea of a BBQ with different bbq'd meats, then corn on the cob and the variety of salads, but I think that might be too messy.
Here is the cake that I've found that I like most.

The obvious pain will be having to make it myself. Cause well, it needs to be dairy free. I think I can do it with the assistance of perhaps Dad and Steph. I like really simple designs with bright colored flowers. I'm also thinking about maybe doing some cupcakes or something that could be gluten free. Obviously those would be for Ally and Brandon, but I also think it might be a nice kid-friendly thing too. Or maybe something else, like a gluten free cheesecake or some other kind of dessert. Gotta make sure everyone is covered. However, I kinda want gluten in my cake... sorry Ally ;)
-------------------------------------------------
Programs/Invitations
We haven't really decided on any invitations. I know I want to at least attempt to do something myself. But, don't really know what. I do know what programs I want though.

I love the idea of these. Since ours will be outside in the summer, I think a program/fan would be awesome. Scott thinks it's really cool too :)
----------------------------------------------
Escort Cards
I found an idea I like for something that could have everyones name/table number on them. We don't want a big wedding, so there might not be a whole lot of tables, but I like this idea anyway.

I figure I can try to find rocks that are smoothed out on the beach, and use a paint marker or something. I have neat handwriting, I think I could do it :)
------------------------------------------------------------
Drinks
We don't want a bunch of liquor at our reception, maybe beer, wine, and like Ally suggested, a signature tropical drink. Not sure what it will be yet, but here is a picture of a drink that I really like. I'd have the signature drink available with or without alcohol.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a quick picture of a table set up that I like, with the pink and white that I'd like to incorporate into our wedding.

------------------------------------------------------
Well, I think thats everything. Now you are all caught up :)
4 comments:
You have some great ideas! Love the bright tropical colors, thats beautiful, especially against the white table/chairs.
Thanks!!! Glad you are here!!!
Nice recap :)
Awesome plans!
LOL...we don't mind cupcakes--heck, we can just bring our own. ;-)
Bryan could pass out programs...or Dave could do it with Jocelyn.
Hmmm...other things that Bryan could do....
-Guard the guestbook so that people can sign it without it blowing away
-Be the bartender for your drinks (hahaha)
-Videotape the wedding
Yeah, that's all I can think of. :)
Post a Comment