Monday, January 21, 2008

I forgot a wedding update....

I forgot about our sand ceremony!!! I'm excited about this. I think it's a really good idea. Read more at the link below. But for a quick summary, it's basically a tradition that can replace the unity candle, when that isn't possible, like for an outdoor wedding. We will each have a container of sand, maybe in our wedding colors for example. First we will have our "foundation" sand. Which may be sand from Baw-Beese Lake. When we lived at Jonesville, that was actually where we spent a lot of time. When we'd go out for food, alot of the time we would get it to go and eat at the beach. That and Baw Beese was the sight of our oh so romantic (and cold) first Valentines Day. After the foundation sand Scott will pour in some of his sand, then I pour in some of mine, then we pour in the rest both at the same time.
The person who is marrying us, would say:
_______________ and ______________, today you join your separate lives together. The two separate bottles of sand symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that you’ll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be.

http://www.unitysandceremony.net/

No comments: