-valentines day was good. Scott got me dairy free chocolates from a website i found from oregon. they were delish! he got me some brownies, 2 of the cherry pecan truffles (THE BEST EVER!!) and a chocolate box filled with little chocolates. then he got me flowers and a card. the card is super sweet!! and the flowers were sooo pretty. there were a couple bunches of white daisies, an orange daisy, a pink daisy (he knows thats what I want for wedding flowers) a sunflower, and a red rose. i got him an itunes gift card, he'd been wanting one for awhile, then a bunch of dairy full foods that he hasn't had in awhile, cheetos, doritos, m&ms and hershey's kisses, and a card. On Valentines day we went to a grand valley bball game, then later went to see Twighlight with some friends.
-we booked a dj!!! he doesn't have a website, but he was very highly recommended by a lady at work. Her daughter just got married last august and used him. he charges about $200 less than the price of the other djs we'd gotten quotes from. jane, the lady at work said he's simple, not flashy or obnoxious. he just does the announcements, and other talking that we need him to do and plays music. he said we don't pay a deposit, 1-2 months before the wedding he'll meet with us, we'll talk about what we want to do, our schedule, music choices, etc.
-we went to 2 tastings for a caterer one last friday and one yesterday. Now we just have to decide which one to go with.
-bridesmaid dresses- ladies- let me know if anyone gets a chance to check it out at the store. I'll email dad a link too.
- major stresses at work are begining to calm down. I'm finally starting to get caught up and organized after being moved back and forth during the re-decorating. various different things caused it to be a VERY stressfull few weeks at work, but like i said, luckily it's calming down.
-when i effed up filling out forms when i first started working at kramer, it caused WAY too little taxes to be taken out of my paycheck. I found this out last year, so I fixed it. Or so I thought. Turns out when I talked to the accountant we fixed my federal, but not state or local. So, I owe $$ for state and local again. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Luckily Scott let me claim our rent, instead of us splitting it, so it helped, a ton! Scott got a good chunk of money back so we are doing pretty well with our savings. however, we did hear a rumor of how much you get back when you have a kid. MAN O MAN I was jealous when I heard the amount.... oh well. Sooner or later I'll get more than a few hundred back.... I heard that with the new stimulus package, you could get up to $8000 in tax credits for buying a home. I soooo want to buy a home now. which takes me right into my next update....
-after a nauseating stink in the hallway of our apartment saturday the 7th and seeing a bunch of cops and guys in suits coming out of our building, we discovered thursday the 12th, via a grand valley student newspaper that Walker city police found the guy that lives above us dead in his apartment. he was a foreign exchange student from Saudi Arabia. they did not release how he died, but judging by the assortment of stenches out in the hallway on a regular basis, and checking out his facebook, I'm pretty sure it was drugs. It's sad. He seemed like a good guy. He didn't bother us, well aside from the stank. we'd talked to him here and there, in passing. it does make me nervous though. i'd heard other people saying things about drugs in the apartments, but we just didn't have the money to move out. so that is the next step. As soon as the wedding is over, we are going to start super saving for a down payment on a house. We just NEED scott to find a full time job. substitute teaching just won't cut it.
I guess thats all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL...you do get $1000 per kid as a tax refund, but they also suck up a TON of money throughout the year. So, it doesn't even out in the end. LOL!! Brandon's 4 day hunger strike in the hospital cost us over $2000 in co-pays alone. Although I do have to say that I love the adoption tax credit...$11,000 back (although you only get back as much taxes as you pay, so we've had to split it up among two years). Now, that doesn't negate the fact that her adoption was $30,000....but it's great to see a third of that back.
That is really scary about the guy above you. Yikes...
did you get my email yesterday about the dress?
I haven't heard anything else about it--were we supposed to buy it? Just say the word and I'll order. :)
Post a Comment