Friday, June 20, 2008

A 99 cent only store!!!??!?!?!

Ok I'm officially jealous!! On the nightly news show today they were talking about the 99 cent chef. Google that phrase, you'll find his blog. Apparently he blogs about recipes he creates from stuff he buys from a 99 cent only store. They only have these stores in California, Arizona, Texas and Nevada. Maybe I should move there! They sell groceries there too! Yeah, I'd probably be a little hesitant to purchase 99 cent meat, but the produce you'll be able to see if it's good. And the cans and boxed stuff would have expiration dates on it. But anyway, there is nothing in this store for over 99 cents!

Apparently at their Texas locations they are running a promotion where you go to the store and sign up and every day for like 2 weeks they will draw one name and that person gets to purchase gas for 99 cents a gallon. Why the heck do a promotion like that in Texas???? Why not somewhere a little further from the oil fields??? But, I do think it's pretty cool at some of their grand openings they give away Wiis or Ipod nanos for 99 cents to like their first 10 customers, or something like that.

Not much going on. Theres something wrong with Scott's leg... but we don't know what. I think I wrote in the other post the docs at Hillsdale said he had an infection and put him on antibiotics. Well, last night he noticed the red area on his leg was peeling, but looked it up and found out that is a side effect of the drug. But, there was also part of his leg that looked sunken in, like dented. That was really weird. I was a little freaked out, I told him it looked like something was eating his leg from the inside out. It was real late when we noticed, so Scott said he'd wait til morning see if it looked better. When we woke up, it wasn't dented anymore.... so not sure what happened there.

No real plans for this weekend. I just got my transmission fluid changed, which cost me a not so hot $103, so that zapped a good chunk of my paycheck. We might go to Grand Haven, just sit on the beach. Apparently there is a 40% chance of rain, but near the beach it said only 20% chance.

Well thats all. Have a good weekend!!!

1 comment:

Chef Owen said...

Wish we had a 99 cent store!

Hope Scott's leg gets better. How freaky.