Saturday, August 29, 2009

So here is a list of what is going on lately:
-I officially won $5 on the mega millions. Unfortunately the jackpot was at $333 million. And someone did win it.

-My dress is at the alterations place. Unfortunately because of the type of material and the fact that there is 3 layers to it, the alterations cost more than the dress itself. I spent $69 on the dress, I think she said alterations would be about $70. That is for the back to be taken in a bit and for it to be shortened by about 6 inches.

-We have our marriage license. We applied online on Sunday, then picked it up on Wednesday. It was funny because the website said to bring your birth certificate and Social Security card, and they never asked for either, they just wanted our drivers license. We decided to apply online when we found out our only option is to get our license downtown. With the amout of construction, traffic, their hours, etc. There was no way I was going twice if I didn't have to. They are only open M-F from 8 am -5 pm. So I figured I was going to have to miss some work. I work M-F 8:30-5:30. So Wednesday our plan was to be there by 8 am waiting for them. And, even though we got turned around in a construction detour, then wandered around the parking ramp trying to figure out where to go, we were there right when they opened so we didn't have to wait in line. I was at work by 8:35.

-I decided not to do ceremony programs, and then changed my mind when I came up with a fairly simple fan program design. I only have about 15 more to print, but my color ink is running out. It's a simple program, just has wedding party info on it. Except I forgot to put who the wedding party is in relation to us. Like Bridesmaid- Allison- sister of the bride. I put that Allison is a bridesmaid, but did not put that she is my sister. But, oh well- too many of them are done now.

-Due to financial concerns I canceled my hair and makeup trial. I was going to have it done Sept. 5 then Scott and I were going to go out to dinner as a late bday thing, but thats not going to happen. We've just decided that he is going to work as much as possible and we are not going to go out to eat. Unfortunately, when I had my hair done back in July (i think) I got it done too early. My highlights are growing out, so I am still going in to have my highlights re-done.

-We had a meeting with our photog to figure out a schedule for the day of. It went well and now we have a good idea of how the day will flow.

- Also due to financial crap we have omitted the sand ceremony. We hadn't bought any of the supplies for it yet and just decided that we weren't going to. We still want to do it, but will just do it on our own.

-Scott finally has his entire oufit purchased, and I am almost done except I want to find a cute pair of earrings to wear, and I need to get a silk flower for my hair. Hopefully I can find those today.

-When Dad and Holly came up a couple weeks ago we went to the beach that we are getting married at and saw 2 other weddings. One had about 90 people there and chairs for each one of them. This was a significant surprise to us as we were informed by our planner that they do not allow chairs to be set up. I talked to a park worker and she said that they aren't supposed to be set up for longer than 30 min. but that because we are having it when the park is not charging, we shouldn't have a problem. So, we are renting 30 chairs. Certainly not enough for everyone, but enough for immediate family, grandmas, and a couple random extras.

-We have decided that we ARE going to go to Chicago for a few days. We have to. We just need to get away for a few days. So we are getting on the train Sunday at 7:30 am, will be in Chicago (fingers crossed we don't have the delays we had last time) at 10:30 Chicago time. Then we are leaving Tuesday, I believe the train leaves at 5:20 pm, then we'd be back in Michigan at about 10:20 pm Michigan time. Then back to work we go on Wednesday. It suck it's going to be such a short honeymoon, but unfortunately neither of us has a job that is going to let us afford a better honeymoon right now. I must say, I'm super jealous of you right now Allison.

Anyhoo, here is the hotel we are looking at staying at. It looks really nice and is $109 per night for a 2 room suite, with a complimentary cooked to order breakfast every morning, a kitchenette in every room, a managers reception every night, and it's walking distance from Navy Pier and Magnificant Mile. We'll probably go to Navy Pier, and will walk Magnificent Mile, just so I can take a picture of the disgustingly expensive stores that I'll never shop at :) I mean we are talking: Tiffany and Co., Louis Vuitton, Saks, Armani, Cartier, Burberry, Chanel, Gucci etc, etc, etc. I might go in the American Girl store, just to check it out. I do plan on sending my Samantha doll in someday to have her cleaned up and restored, so she'll look like brand new. I'll admit, I haven't taken the best care of her. although for the last 2 years or so she has been sitting on my dresser.

Other plans are to go to Shedd Aquarium, of course. And to go to the Sears Tower (NOT going to call it the Willis Tower, don't care who bought it) we need to see The Ledge. I'm STOKED to see that, they are brand new this year. Scott, not so much.... he said he won't walk out there. We also want to go on one of the river tours, but thats not set in stone. If we decide to spend $ elsewhere it will be the first to drop from the list, although we don't have too much else planned. I know the days will go by quick, and we'll want to just chill in the hotel room too.

-The tomato plants produced quite a few tomatoes and is starting to get toward the end. There are a handful of green tomatoes left on each plant. The red peppers are doing well, I think there are 5 of them, except I keep forgetting to tie a stick around the stems and they keep breaking due to the weight of the peppers. The green pepper plant I'm pretty sure is done. I think we got 2, maybe 3 peppers off of it and no more are growing. Looks like we will get 2 more cucumbers, then that will be done too.

-Grand Valley is back to school soon, so we have some new neighbors.... this might be a bad thing, stay tuned to later updates. More than likely it will probably confirm my wanting to get out of this damn apartment and get a house. GVs first football game is tonight, in Texas. Then they are away again Sept. 5. Then Sept. 12 is the first home game. We have decided that we will go. We received an invitation to the alumni tailgater, so that should be fun.

I think thats about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but when you think of our honeymoon, remember that our wedding consisted of freezing our butts off in the middle of winter, almost having the honeymoon cancelled due to a blizzard, and having the limo run a red light and almost kill us all. LOL!!!

I know you're upset about the new house we're building, but please remember that our new house and car were paid for by Ryland's wrongful death suit....so not exactly money that came from good things.

Anyhow, I'm trying to call you to ask you something really important. But you aren't answering your phone. And since it's really important, I will continue to call you 20000000000 times until you do, so there. Because it's free for me to bug the crap out of you by doing that. ;-)

samg23 said...

I am SOOOOO NOT upset about your new house! Why would I be??? Jealous that we are probably at least a couple years away from having one of our own, but certainly not upset. I know where that money came from, I certainly would never be upset about that! Why would you say I was upset about it? I posted that your new kitchen sounds awesome and I can't wait to see the house when it is done!? Please don't put words in my mouth, especially on my blog!

In my journal I said I was jealous that you got to have a honeymoon, and I am. I WISH we could have a week to just leave and relax some where. I'm hoping we'll be able to do it either this winter, or for our 1 year anniversary. It happens, we are a bit bummed, but it's not that big of deal, we are excited for Chicago! Any trip we can take together will be wonderful! We have fun on all our vacations. At this point at work, I don't know how I'd be able to leave now for a week anyway (we just had someone quit), and Scott certainly could not afford to not work for a week, so our plan works for us.

Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm sorry...I might have misinterpeted something that happened awhile back. It seemed like you were upset when I was talking to dad about the new house (not upset as in "ticked off"...upset as in "sad"). It wasn't about the kitchen--it was a long while back. If I misinterpreted it, I'm sorry. :( I'm glad to hear you're not though....I was worried about that.

And fwiw, we're all tons jealous that you can go to Lake Michigan anytime. No way could we afford a house out there, and there are no jobs for Dave out there. Otherwise we'd be there in a heartbeat!

Chef Owen said...

That hotel looks really nice! It sounds like a great location. We've thrown around the idea of going to Chicago, but it's just too far for us right now. Owen's been begging to stay in a "skyscraper".

See you this weekend :)