Monday, June 8, 2009

Long overdue

Ok here come some pictures and some updates.


Bunnies that were living underneath the tree behind our apartment. They aren't there anymore, we saw them hop away with a mom bunny one day.


This is our first hummingbird this year!!


Some beach pictures from when I was there with dad, Holly and one of Holly's friends.




And some pictures downtown taken the day after the beach pictures.






Saturday night Scott and I went to a Whitecaps baseball game, they are the Grand Rapids minor league team affiliated with the Tigers. The picture above shows the Fifth Third Burger. It's new this year and created for publicity. And it worked. To my knowledge they have talked about it on Sportcenter, the Today Show, Entertainment Tonight and some others. It's about 4800 calories. It was made with an 8 inch sesame bun made with 1 lb of dough, it has 5- 1/3 lb burger patties on it, so it has 5/3 lb of meat. Then it has 5 slices of cheese, 1 cup of chili, some fritos, sour cream and salsa. As you can see it says it has 597% of your daily value of saturated fat. And, yep there is a competition where if one person can eat the whole thing you get a free t-shirt and get your picture/name posted on their 5/3 burger board. It's disgusting. They serve it in a pizza box. I believe they do cut it into 4 pieces, but yeah. Gross, and completely unnecessary. It's a darn good thing this was created, along with a competition encouring one person to eat the whole thing while there are people starving all over the world, thousands of homeless people who go to bed hungry every night in Grand Rapids. Ok- rant over. I suppose what they were hoping to accomplish worked... I'm talking about it. But whatever, I still like going to baseball games, I just might throw peanuts at the people I see eating it by themselves.


Scott's baseball helmet full of nachos. Ok, so it too is completely unnecessary, but not as much as a $20 burger with over 4000 calories. Plus we've been going to these games for a few years now and he's always wanted one. I told him I'd buy it for him, IF it was cheaper than buying the nachos and helmet seperately. And it was, by about $2. He was pretty darn pleased with it.




Us in our super cool matching hats!


Ok, this doesn't look like much, but I think Scott wanted me to take it to show Brandon. These are people in the stands with green light sabers. They had a Star Wars night sometime last summer and sold these. Apparently they were super popular and they still sell them at every game. It started to get dark towards the end of the game and Scott kept talking about being surrounded by Jedi. The green blob at the top right of the picture, were about 20 kids in a suite, each one of them had one.


Almost every home Saturday game has fireworks afterwards.



Sunday before Dad, Holly and her friend left we went to the zoo. I didn't take too many pictures, but there was one I took that I LOVE, so I'll post it :)


This is Doucha! Sweet picture right?


This is a trial of a centerpiece I'm thinking of doing. There are glass marbles at the bottom, then it's a silk orchid submerged in water. Then it would have a floating candle on top. It would be sitting on a mirror and would have tea light candles around it. That is what I'm thinking anyway... opinions??

The last of the pictures are from when I went to Jonesville this past weekend.

I'm pretty sure he was watching a movie while I took this picture. But hey- at least he's smiling.


And after this picture he said "ok, no more pictures lets watch a bird attack" A bird attack for those who don't know just happens to be his all time favorite chapter in A Bug's Life. I learned that this weekend, and saw it on dad's tv about 50 times.


Here is Mr. Crabby. Everytime he saw my camera he gave me a dirty look and stomped out of the room. So, this is the only picture that will be on here of him.

Ms. Alexis however was quite photogenic. So we had ourselves a little photo shoot. Enjoy :) Bummer that the pictures are too bright, we should've moved away from the window.... oh well.









Last, I want to post a copy of the email I received from our planner, she has been talking to a travel agent and this is the email the travel agent sent her: I can't believe it's just over $3,000! I thought it would be well over $5,000!!! It actually seems likes it's a possibility.

I just did a quick pricing with a vendor for Hawaii. The total cost is $3232.84 for 2 that includes airfare out of Grand Rapids, 5 days in Oahu and 5 days on Maui. That includes the transfers on Oahu and a car rental on Maui. I priced the Aqua Bamboo & Spa in Oahu and Aston Maui Kaanapali Villa, both rooms have a refrigerator. That also includes the flight from Oahu to Maui. The dates I chose were Nov. 27,the Friday after Thanksgiving, until Dec. 7. This also includes insurance so if they don't want that, you can deduct $78.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the centerpiece! :) Very beautiful!

Brandon likes the jedi. LOL!