Monday, November 17, 2008

nothing

I haven't wrote since the end of October.....

Nothing interesting to talk about that is new. See- I'll prove it- it's all boring.
-I had a cold for about a week and a half. Felt like garbage!

-Temps this week are suppose to be high in the 30s, low in the 20s- but we didn't really get any snow.

-Work is busy as always

-We cleaned the apartment this weekend, and next weekend will be getting stuff around to take to Goodwill. I was going to try to sell a bunch on Ebay or Craigs list, but I'm just not interested in spending the time on it.

-Next weekend is Grand Valley's first football playoff game. The playoffs started last week, but since we are the top seed in our region we had a first round bye. We are going to be playing Ashland. Should be a good game- they almost beat us when we played them earlier this year. And plus- with a record as good as Grand Valley's they will forever have a target on their back. EVERY team wants to be the team to beat Grand Valley, to end our season. But, no matter the results, this is still like the 3rd year, maybe 4th in a row they were undefeated in the regular season. We do certainly plan on going to the game this weekend. Even though it will be FREEZING. Atleast all playoff games have to be at 1 pm. Our games are usually at 7:30 pm. So, now we can at least hope for the sun. In the most recent 7 day forcast Saturday is the one day they are not predicting snow for us.

-Wedding planning is at a stand still cause I don't know what to do next. I gotta find a caterer, florist and dj... but haven't really found anything yet. Well, except the caterer. We have one we'll probably use. They had a test tasting open house type thing on Saturday that we went to. We liked the BBQ salmon, Chicken marsala and the smoked chicken. Oh and they had a pesto, pine nut dip that was delish! Scott really liked their ice bowls, and we entered in a drawing to win one. I told him that would be the only way we'd get one. I'm not about to spend extra money on that. I should probably eventually look for dresses, but I'm not at all in a hurry for that for several reasons. 1- I feel I'm too fat, and don't want to be fat for the wedding- so I need to get my a$$ in gear to change that. 2- I don't have anyone to go with me.... I'll be looking by myself.

-Oh and my ankle, which has been bugging me since the summer is still acting up. It's my right ankle and it kills, every time I rotate my foot inward. It makes walking on unsteady ground VERY painful. I figured I just sprained it awhile back, but it still hasn't gone away. I forget about it sometimes cause it doesn't hurt all the time. Scott was freaking out cause my whole right leg was hurting this weekend. Told me to go to the docs cause he thinks I have a blood clot and it's slowly moving up my leg. I told him he's being silly and it's not a blood clot, but told him I will make an appt to get it checked out. I'm just worried they'll do an xray and some expensive crap and I'll get a huge bill for what my insurance didn't cover. Thats why I haven't gone yet.... but maybe I should to avoid having it f'd up forever.

Well, I think that is all. Oh- Steph, do I have you for Christmas?? I know I asked you at dad's house- but I forgot again, I swear I'll write it down this time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't mess with the blood clots--I have a disease that makes them very common. I've had 2 venous dopplers this year alone to rule out deep vein thrombosis. It's pretty easy--an x-ray won't detect it, but they'll do an ultrasound of your leg. Sort of like what they do on your stomach when you're pregnant, except it's on your leg. LOL! I don't remember how much mine cost, but a clot's one of those things you don't mess with. Although I don't think you can feel it slowly moving up your leg. You might have a red or swollen leg, and the pain will be along your inner thigh or the back of your calf.

That caterer looks good--are you having one of those good fruit tables? Because those look delicious!!

Chef Owen said...

I think you do, yes.